Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
How will we get through the holidays without gaining a weight? I hate the feeling after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and our New Year celebration – that bloated, disgusting feeling of holiday weight gain. Here are a few things that can help you have healthy holidays… or I should say healthier Holidays. You’ll find more tips at the end of this post if you need more to help you out.
- Have a snack before your big meals. One of the mistakes a lot of us make is “saving” calories for the big family meal. Then, we over-eat. If you go ahead and have a healthy snack and a tall glass of water before your big Holiday meal, you can pick and choose your favorite foods without over-doing it.
- Savor every bite. Chew it and enjoy the flavors. Take your time and let your brain know that you’re eating and you’ll be satisfied quicker. (or at least it seams that way)
- Use a smaller plate. If you take a giant plate, you’ll think you have to fill it up. Just don’t.
- Chew some gum. Spearmint gum or something – after you eat will help with the sugar cravings. And – speaking of sugar…
- Have your pie – but skip the crust. It’ll save you a lot of calories.
- Exercise – even if it’s only a 10 minute stroll. Get some motion into your day. BUT – don’t use it as an excuse to overindulge, it will NOT counteract a giant glass of eggnog.
- Speaking of drinking – don’t overdue the holiday cheer either. If you’re with some people that pressure you – drink a clear drink with fruit in it so that you can easily fill it with water without anyone knowing the better. Or – have a glass of wine with your dinner instead of the eggnog or other high calorie drinks.
Holiday Weight Gain can be avoided with a little self control and if you use small tricks to help you out all the better.
Did you find this helpful? Share with someone you think would like to avoid Holiday Weight Gain too!
I found more tips for you if you’d like more…
Ginny – Health and Fitness Coach and Home Biz Internet Marketer